Query is over 2x slower with jit=on

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Query is over 2x slower with jit=on
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all.

I don't know whether this is expected or not but I'm experiencing over 2x slowdown on a large query in PG-11 with JIT=on.

(query is a prepared statement executed with "explain analyze execute myprepared(arg1, arg2, ..., argn)")

After 10 executions these are the results (the first 5 executed in > 16s, then the plan changed)

With jit=on:
https://explain.depesz.com/s/vYB
Planning Time: 0.336 ms
JIT:
 Functions: 716
 Generation Time: 78.404 ms
 Inlining: false
 Inlining Time: 0.000 ms
 Optimization: false
 Optimization Time: 43.916 ms
 Emission Time: 600.031 ms
Execution Time: 2035.150 ms
(385 rows)

With jit=off:
https://explain.depesz.com/s/X6mA
Planning Time: 0.371 ms
Execution Time: 833.941 ms
(377 rows)

Both are master as of 55d26ff638f063fbccf57843f2c27f9795895a5c

The query largely consists of CTEs with aggregation which are FULL OUTER JOIN'ed.

On v10 the query executes in:
Execution time: 1159.628 ms

So v11 (with jit=off) is about 25% faster (due to parallel hash-join I think), which is nice!

What's the deal with jit making it slower?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh

Сообщение: Re: Deadlock in multiple CIC.
Сообщение: Re: Deadlock in multiple CIC.