Re: color by default

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Re: color by default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
På tirsdag 31. desember 2019 kl. 14:35:39, skrev Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> With the attached patch, I propose to enable the colored output by
> default in PG13.

FWIW, I shall be setting NO_COLOR permanently if this gets committed.
I wonder how many people there are who actually *like* colored output?
I find it to be invariably less readable than plain B&W text.

I may well be in the minority, but I think some kind of straw poll
might be advisable, rather than doing this just because.

It's easier to spot errors/warnings when they are colored/emphasized imo. Much like colored output from grep/diff; We humans have colored vision for a reason.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh