Sv: Re: Logical decoding on standby

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Sv: Re: Logical decoding on standby
Дата
Список pgsql-general
På tirsdag 13. mars 2018 kl. 01:08:03, skrev Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de>:
On 13 March 2018 00:58:27 CET, Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de> wrote:
>On 12 March 2018 21:18:22 CET, Andreas Joseph Krogh
><andreas@visena.com> wrote:
>>Anybody knows if $subject will make it into v11?
>>
>>--
>>Andreas Joseph Krogh
>
>Why do you think you needs this?
>
>Regards, Andreas

Let me explain my question. One of the key aspects of logical replication is, that you can define what to replicate. That wouldn't work in this way, that's why i'm asking.

Regards, Andreas

I have streaming-replication of a cluster containing many databases to a standby-server. I need a reporting-server which only needs a subset of some (large) tables of one database and am planning to use the built-in logical replication for that. It is my understanding that logical replication will cause more wal-traffic so I'm trying to offload wal-traffic from the primary. I thought using logical replication from the standby would help with that but realized it's not supported in v10. Im I wrong in planning this way?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Logical decoding on standby
Сообщение: Re: Logical decoding on standby