Sv: Replacing Apache Solr with Postgre Full Text Search?

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Sv: Replacing Apache Solr with Postgre Full Text Search?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
På onsdag 25. mars 2020 kl. 13:36:38, skrev J2eeInside J2eeInside <j2eeinside@gmail.com>:
Hi all,

I hope someone  can help/suggest:
I'm currently maintaining a project that uses Apache Solr /Lucene. To be honest, I wold like to replace Solr with Postgre Full Text Search. However, there is a huge amount of documents involved - arround 200GB. Wondering, can Postgre handle this efficiently?
Does anyone have specific experience, and what should the infrastructure look like?

P.S. Not to be confused, the Sol works just fine, i just wanted to eliminate one component from the whole system (if Full text search can replace Solr at all)

I see you've gotten some answers but wanted to chime in...
We seach in ~15mill. emails and ~10 mill documents (extracted text from Word/PDF etc. using Java-tools), and use PG and FTS (gin, not rum) for the exact same reasons as Evergreen (it seems). We have to mix FTS with domain-specific logic/filtering and that is based on relational data in the database. I don't see how we could have done that using an external search-engine. Maybe it's easy, I don't have any experience with it.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Replacing Apache Solr with Postgre Full Text Search?
Сообщение: Re: Replacing Apache Solr with Postgre Full Text Search?