RE: Array of tuples as a parameter, with type casts

От David Raymond
Тема RE: Array of tuples as a parameter, with type casts
Дата
Список psycopg

Another workaround would be creation a row type for the desired set of columns and casting %s to this type[], but I would not like to create additional objects in the database because it is pretty much out of my control.

Isn’t every table its own type? So could you do this?

inert into t

select * from unnest(%s::t[])...

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/rowtypes.html

Whenever you create a table, a composite type is also automatically created, with the same name as the table, to represent the table's row type. For example, had we said:

CREATE TABLE inventory_item (

    name            text,

    supplier_id     integer REFERENCES suppliers,

    price           numeric CHECK (price > 0)

);

then the same inventory_item composite type shown above would come into being as a byproduct, and could be used just as above.