Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?

От: Mischa Sandberg
Тема: Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Gary Cowell, )
 Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance  (Richard Huxton, )
 Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Paul Thomas, )
 Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Jeff, )
 Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance  (Shridhar Daithankar, )
 Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Gary Cowell, )
  Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance  (pginfo, )
  Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance  (Richard Huxton, )
  Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Stephen Frost, )
    Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Stephen Frost, )
      Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Stephen Frost, )
  Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance  (pginfo, )
  Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  ("Mischa Sandberg", )
 Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Gary Cowell, )
  Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Major differences between oracle and postgres performance - what can I do ?  (Gary Cowell, )

Don't know about Oracle, but select-distinct in MSSQL2K will indeed throw
away duplicates, which chops the CPU time. Very easy to see in the graphic
query plan, both in terms of CPU and the number of rows retrieved from a
single-node or nested-loop subtree. Definitely a worthwhile optimization.