RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday, January 21, 2022 12:08 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've attached an updated patch that incorporated these commends as well as
> other comments I got so far.
Thank you for your update !

Few minor comments.

(1) trivial question

For the users,
was it perfectly clear that in the cascading logical replication setup,
we can't selectively skip an arbitrary transaction of one upper nodes,
without skipping its all executions on subsequent nodes,
when we refer to the current doc description of v9 ?

IIUC, this is because we don't write changes WAL either and
can't propagate the contents to subsequent nodes.

I tested this case and it didn't, as I expected.
This can apply to other measures for conflicts, though.

(2) suggestion

There's no harm in writing a notification for a committer
"Bump catalog version" in the commit log,
as the patch changes the catalog.

(3) minor question

In the past, there was a discussion that
it might be better if we reset the XID
according to a change of subconninfo,
which might be an opportunity to connect another
publisher of a different XID space.
Currently, we can regard it as user's responsibility.
Was this correct ?

Best Regards,
    Takamichi Osumi