RE: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)

От Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 3:55 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 11:23 AM Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu)
> <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >

> > Thank you for checking the patch !
> > On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 10:17 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > In short, I'd like to propose renaming the parameter
> > > in_delayed_apply of send_feedback to "has_unprocessed_change".
> > >
> > > At Tue, 24 Jan 2023 12:27:58 +0530, Amit Kapila
> > > <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote in
> > > time-delayed
> > > latest
> the
> > > replication
> > > publisher

> without the patch.
> > >
> > > Yeah.  Even though I named it as "last_applied", its objective is to
> > > have get_flush_position returning the correct have_pending_txes
> > > without a hint from callers, that is, "let g_f_position know if
> > > store_flush_position has been called with the last received data".
> > >
> > > Anyway I tried that but didn't find a clean and simple way. However,
> > > while on it, I realized what the code made me confused.
> > >
> > > +static void send_feedback(XLogRecPtr recvpos, bool force, bool
> > > requestReply,
> > > +                                               bool
> > > + in_delayed_apply);
> > >
> > > The name "in_delayed_apply" doesn't donsn't give me an idea of what
> > > the function should do for it. If it is named
> > > "has_unprocessed_change", I think it makes sense that send_feedback
> > > should think there may be an outstanding transaction that is not known to
> the function.
> > >

> > > So, my conclusion here is I'd like to propose changing the parameter
> > > name to "has_unapplied_change".
> > Renamed the variable name to "has_unprocessed_change".
> > Also, removed the first argument of the send_feedback() which isn't
> necessary now.
> >

> Why did you remove the first argument of the send_feedback() when that is not
> added by this patch? If you really think that is an improvement, feel free to
> propose that as a separate patch.
> Personally, I don't see a value in it.
Oh, sorry for that. I have made the change back.
Kindly have a look at the v22 shared in [1].

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/TYCPR01MB837305BD31FA317256BC7B1FEDCE9%40TYCPR01MB8373.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

Best Regards,
    Takamichi Osumi

От: "houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: CREATE ROLE bug?