RE: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)

От Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wednesday, January 25, 2023 2:02 PM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 5:49 PM Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu)
> <osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >

> > Attached the patch v20 that has incorporated all comments so far.
> > Kindly have a look at the attached patch.
> Thank You for patch. My previous comments are addressed. Tested it and it
> looks good. Logging is also fine now.
>
> Just one comment, in summary, we see :
> If the subscription sets min_apply_delay parameter, the logical replication
> worker will delay the transaction commit for min_apply_delay milliseconds.
>
> Is it better to write "delay the transaction apply" instead of "delay the
> transaction commit" just to be consistent as we do not actually delay the
> commit for regular transactions.
Thank you for your review !

Agreed. Your description looks better.
Attached the updated patch v21.

Best Regards,
    Takamichi Osumi

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: 011_crash_recovery.pl intermittently fails
От: "Takamichi Osumi (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)