RE: BUG #17514: Application with embedded SQL crashes when executing EXEC SQL PREPARE

От okano.naoki@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: BUG #17514: Application with embedded SQL crashes when executing EXEC SQL PREPARE
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> We could do something like the attached, perhaps.  Having said that,
> an application that includes no error checks is pretty unlikely to
> fail gracefully :-(.

Thank you for replying and creating the patch!

I applied this patch to the master branch, and confirmed that the
application resulted in an error instead of a crash.
As with PREPARE, executing DISCONNECT CURRENT also caused the
application to crash, but this patch has fixed that.
The patch looks good to me.
I agree that applications should consider EXEC SQL PREPARE
returning errors.

Regards,
Naoki Okano