RE: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node

От Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Amit,

Thank you for giving suggestions! I think your fixes are good.
New patch set can be available in [1].

> Apart from this, I have addressed some of the comments raised by you
> for the 0003 patch. Please find the diff patch attached. I think we
> should combine 0002 and 0003 patches.

Yeah, combined.

> I have another comment on the patch:
> + /* Check there are no logical replication slots with a 'lost' state. */
> + res = executeQueryOrDie(conn,
> + "SELECT slot_name FROM pg_catalog.pg_replication_slots "
> + "WHERE wal_status = 'lost' AND "
> + "temporary IS FALSE;");
>
> In this place, shouldn't we explicitly check for slot_type as logical?
> I think we should consistently check for slot_type in all the queries
> used in this patch.

Seems right, the condition was added to all the place.

[1]:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/TYAPR01MB5866CDC13CA9D6B9F4451606F5E4A%40TYAPR01MB5866.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda