RE: Collect ObjectAddress for ATTACH DETACH PARTITION to use in event trigger

От kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Collect ObjectAddress for ATTACH DETACH PARTITION to use in event trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Hou-san,

> Thanks for having a look. It was a bit difficult to add a test for this.
> Because we currently don't have a user function which can return these
> collected ObjectAddresses for ALTER TABLE. And It seems we don't have tests for
> already collected ObjectAddresses as well :(
> The collected ObjectAddresses is in
> "currentEventTriggerState->currentCommand->d.alterTable.subcmds.address" while
> the public function pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands doesn't return these
> information. It can only be used in user defined event trigger function (C
> code).

Thanks for explaining. I did not know the reason why the test is not in event_trigger.sql.

> If we want to add some tests for both already existed and newly added
> ObjectAddresses, we might need to add some test codes in test_ddl_deparse.c.
> What do you think ?

I thought tests for ObjectAddresses should be added to test_ddl_deparse.c, but
it might be bigger because there were many ATExecXXX() functions.
I thought they could be added separately in another thread or patch.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED