RE: [Proposal] Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure

От kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: [Proposal] Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Horiguchi-san,

> I think we just don't need to add the special timeout kind to the
> core.  postgres_fdw can use USER_TIMEOUT and it would be suffiction to
> keep running health checking regardless of transaction state then fire
> query cancel if disconnection happens. As I said in the previous main,
> possible extra query cancel woud be safe.

I finally figured out that you mentioned about user-defined timeout system.
Firstly - before posting to hackers - I designed like that,
but I was afraid of an overhead that many FDW registers timeout
and call setitimer() many times. Is it too overcautious?

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED