RE: Partial aggregates pushdown

От Fujii.Yuki@df.MitsubishiElectric.co.jp"
Тема RE: Partial aggregates pushdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi. Bruce.

Sorry for the late. Thank you for comment.

I think that you are basically right.
But, I think, in a perfect world we should also add an import/export function for the following
two category.

  Category1. Validation Chek is needed for Safety.
    For example, I think a validation check is needed for avg(float4),
     whose transition type is not internal. (See p.18 in [1])
    I plan to add import functions of avg, count (See p.18, p.19 in [1]).
  Category1. Transition type is a pseudo data type.
    Aggregate functions of this category needs to accept many actual data types,
    including user-defined types. So I think that it is hard to implement import/export functions.
    Consequently, I do not plan to support these category. (See p.19 in [1])

Sincerely yours,
Yuki Fujii

--
Yuki Fujii
Information Technology R&D Center Mitsubishi Electric Corporation

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/160659/PGConfDev2024_Presentation_Aggregation_Scaleout_FDW_Sharding_20240531.pdf