RE: Global snapshots

От tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Global snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii-san, Sawada-san, all,

From: Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>
> Yeah, so if we need to guarantee the transaction linearizability even
> in distributed env (probably this is yes. Right?), using only Clock-SI
> is not enough. We would need to implement something more
> in addition to Clock-SI or adopt the different approach other than Clock-SI.
> Thought?

Could you please try interpreting MVCO and see if we have any hope in this?  This doesn't fit in my small brain.  I'll
catchup with understanding this when I have time.

MVCO - Technical report - IEEE RIDE-IMS 93 (PDF; revised version of DEC-TR 853)
https://sites.google.com/site/yoavraz2/MVCO-WDE.pdf

MVCO is a multiversion member of Commitment Ordering algorithms described below:

Commitment ordering (CO) - yoavraz2
https://sites.google.com/site/yoavraz2/the_principle_of_co

Commitment ordering - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commitment_ordering

Related patents are as follows.  The last one is MVCO.

US5504900A - Commitment ordering for guaranteeing serializability across distributed transactions
https://patents.google.com/patent/US5504900A/en?oq=US5504900

US5504899A - Guaranteeing global serializability by applying commitment ordering selectively to global transactions
https://patents.google.com/patent/US5504899A/en?oq=US5504899

US5701480A - Distributed multi-version commitment ordering protocols for guaranteeing serializability during
transactionprocessing

https://patents.google.com/patent/US5701480A/en?oq=US5701480

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa