RE: I'd like to discuss scaleout at PGCon

От tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: I'd like to discuss scaleout at PGCon
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: MauMau <maumau307@gmail.com>
> I intentionally have put little conclusion on our specification and
> design.  I'd like you to look at recent distributed databases, and
> then think about and discuss what we want to aim for together.  I feel
> it's better to separate a thread per topic or group of topics.

Finally, MariaDB is now equiped with a scale-out feature.

How MariaDB achieves global scale with Xpand
https://www.infoworld.com/article/3574077/how-mariadb-achieves-global-scale-with-xpand.html

I haven't read its documentation, and am not planning to read it now, but the feature looks nice.  I hope this will
alsobe a good stimulus.  I believe we should be aware of competitiveness when designing -- "If we adopt this
architectureor design to simplify the first version, will it really naturally evolve to a competitive product in the
futurewithout distorting the concept, design, and interface?"

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa