RE: Global snapshots

От tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Global snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Andrey san, Movead san,

From: tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com <tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com>
> While Clock-SI seems to be considered the best promising for global
> serializability here,
>
> * Why does Clock-SI gets so much attention?  How did Clock-SI become the
> only choice?
>
> * Clock-SI was devised in Microsoft Research.  Does Microsoft or some other
> organization use Clock-SI?

Could you take a look at this patent?  I'm afraid this is the Clock-SI for MVCC.  Microsoft holds this until 2031.  I
couldn'tfind this with the keyword "Clock-SI.""

US8356007B2 - Distributed transaction management for database systems with multiversioning - Google Patents
https://patents.google.com/patent/US8356007

If it is, can we circumvent this patent?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa