RE: Should walsernder check correctness of WAL records?

От tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Should walsernder check correctness of WAL records?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru>
> Investigating one of customer's support cases I found out that walsender
> is not calculating WAL records CRC and send them to replicas without any
> checks.
> As a result damaged WAL record causes errors on all replicas:

IIUC, walsender tries hard to send WAL as fast as possible to reduce replication lag and transaction response time, so
itdoesn't try to peek each WAL record.  I think it's good.

In any case, the WAL can get corrupt during transmission, and writing and reading on the standby.  So, the standby
needsto check the WAL record CRC.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa