RE: Abnormal Growth of Index Size - Index Size 3x large than tablesize.

От Ashish Chugh
Тема RE: Abnormal Growth of Index Size - Index Size 3x large than tablesize.
Дата
Re: Abnormal Growth of Index Size - Index Size 3x large than tablesize.
Список pgsql-general

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply. One more query from our side.

To improve performance and release index space from database, We are running FULL Vacuum on monthly basis.

On PostgreSQL website it is not recommended to run FULL Vacuum on Production Database and this also requires long downtime along with huge log space requirement.

What are the recommendations regarding vacuum. Can we run FULL Vacuum on monthly basis or we should be running Online Auto Vacuum instead.

Regards,

Ashish