RE: Improve logging when using Huge Pages

От Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP)
Тема RE: Improve logging when using Huge Pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sawada-san, Fujii-san,

Thank you for your reviews.

In a database with huge_pages = on / off explicitly set, if memory allocation fails, the instance cannot be started, so
Ithink that additional logs are unnecessary.

The attached patch outputs the log only when huge_pages = try, and outputs the requested size if the acquisition of
HugePages fails.

I have a completely different approach, setting GUC shared_memory_size_in_huge_pages to zero if the Huge Pages
acquisitionfails. This GUC is currently calculated independently of getting Huge Pages. The attached patch does not
includethis specification.

Regards,
Noriyoshi Shinoda