Small but annoying Excel numeric import problem

От J P
Тема Small but annoying Excel numeric import problem
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello,

I am setting up a data warehouse to hold all the various social and economic
data that I use on a regular basis.  I have been using ODBC to bring the
data from PostgreSQL 7.3 to MS Excel 2000.  Excel, the ODBC driver, or
PostgreSQL itself seems to have a problem with large integer data.  All of
the Int8 data fields in the latest table I created do not import as
integers, but as text.  The Int4 fields import as numbers.  The only way I
can make the Int8 fields become number data is to multiply then by 1.

Am I running to a Microsoft problem, a PostgreSQL problem or an ODBC
problem?  I have tried two different versions of the ODBC driver (I believe
they are different, anyway), PostgreSQL 7.02.00.05 from Insight Distribution
Systems and the PostgreSQL ODBC + Driver 1.00.00.00 from
www.greatbridge.org/psqlodbcplus

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,  Jim