Re: [Fwd: PREPARE in ECPG]

От BTS
Тема Re: [Fwd: PREPARE in ECPG]
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Our application consists of several programs with one major running in
online mode. In online mode we start typically 40 to 60 incarnations of this
program, and it runs for months (until the machine is rebooted). Therefor
the effect on an efficient PREPARE/EXECUTE will be significant.

We know the importance of this from running our application under Informix,
because there we use the efficient PREPARE/EXECUTE.

We look forward for the ECPG implementation of
  PREPARE plan_name [ (datatype [, ...] ) ] AS query
and
  EXECUTE plan_name [ (parameter [, ...] ) ] INTO...

We hope to be able to write statements like:
  EXEC SQL
    PREPARE stm (char(5), int) as SELECT a,b,c INTO :host_a, :host_b,
:host_c
                                  FROM mytable WHERE d=$1 AND e=$2;
  EXEC SQL
    EXECUTE stm (:host_d, :host_e);

or

  EXEC SQL
    PREPARE stm (char(5), int) as SELECT a,b,c FROM mytable WHERE d=$1 AND
e=$2;
  EXEC SQL
    EXECUTE stm (:host_d, :host_e) INTO :host_a, :host_b, :host_c;

Best Regards
Bo Tveden
Mads Madsen
BTS Solutions