RE: Max_connections limit

От Ahmed, Nawaz (Fuji Xerox Australia)
Тема RE: Max_connections limit
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

If you reckon the application initiates such a large number of concurrent connections, I’d suggest you configure a connection pooler to avoid the connection overhead by PostgreSQL. max_connections will be the parameter you are looking at to configure but ensure it is configured in conjunction with a connection pooler.

Fuji Xerox Australia

Nawaz Ahmed

Database Administrator

From: Daulat Ram <Daulat.Ram@exponential.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 26 June 2019 4:18 PM
To: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Max_connections limit

Hello team,

We have migrated our database  from Oracle 12c to Postgres 11. I need your suggestions , we have sessions limit in Oracle = 3024 . Do we need to set the same connection limit in Postgres as well. How we can decide the max_connections limit for postgres. Are there any differences in managing connections in Oracle and postgres.

SQL> show parameter sessions;

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------

java_max_sessionspace_size           integer     0

java_soft_sessionspace_limit         integer     0

license_max_sessions                 integer     0

license_sessions_warning             integer     0

sessions                             integer     3024

shared_server_sessions               integer

SQL>

Regards,

Daulat

IMPORTANT NOTE: Fuji Xerox email transmission, including any attachments, is private and confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is for the addressee's attention only. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this transmission, you must not use, edit, print, copy or disclose its contents to any person or disseminate the information contained herein or hereto attached, and you must notify sender immediately by return email and delete this transmission from your system. Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you in error. We have used reasonable efforts to protect this transmission from computer viruses and other malicious software, but no warranty is made and the sender takes no responsibility for any loss or damage incurred from using this email or the information contained in this email.