RE: Help needed configuring postgreSQL with xml support

От Sachin Khanna
Тема RE: Help needed configuring postgreSQL with xml support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks for the quick response. I am using RED HAT linux ( ppc64-le ).

  Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.9 Beta (Maipo)
       CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7.9:beta:server
            Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-1136.el7.ppc64le
      Architecture: ppc64-le
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root

I have gone into the details given for xml support and have installed the required rpm and tried to setup the env
variablesas well like

export XML2_CFLAGS='/usr/lib64/'
export XML2_CONFIG='/usr/lib64/'
export XML2_LIBS='/usr/lib64/libxml2.so.2.9.1'

rpm -qi libxml2-2.9.1-6.el7.4.ppc64le
Name        : libxml2
Version     : 2.9.1
Release     : 6.el7.4
Architecture: ppc64le
Install Date: Thu 09 Jul 2020 02:55:33 PM CDT
Group       : Development/Libraries
Size        : 2594518

yum list installed |grep xml
libxml2.ppc64le                         2.9.1-6.el7.4              @anaconda/7.9
libxml2-python.ppc64le                  2.9.1-6.el7.4              @anaconda/7.9
python-lxml.ppc64le                     3.2.1-4.el7                @anaconda/7.9
xml-common.noarch                       0.6.3-39.el7               @anaconda/7.9
xml2.ppc64le                            0.5-7.el7                  @epel
xmlrpc-c.ppc64le                        1.32.5-1905.svn2451.el7    @anaconda/7.9
xmlrpc-c-client.ppc64le                 1.32.5-1905.svn2451.el7    @anaconda/7.9

--with-libxml
Build with libxml2, enabling SQL/XML support. Libxml2 version 2.6.23 or later is required for this feature.

To detect the required compiler and linker options, PostgreSQL will query pkg-config, if that is installed and knows
aboutlibxml2. Otherwise the program xml2-config, which is installed by libxml2, will be used if it is found. Use of
pkg-configis preferred, because it can deal with multi-architecture installations better.

To use a libxml2 installation that is in an unusual location, you can set pkg-config-related environment variables (see
itsdocumentation), or set the environment variable XML2_CONFIG to point to the xml2-config program belonging to the
libxml2installation, or set the variables XML2_CFLAGS and XML2_LIBS. (If pkg-config is installed, then to override its
ideaof where libxml2 is you must either set XML2_CONFIG or set both XML2_CFLAGS and XML2_LIBS to nonempty strings.)

Thanks and Regards,
SACHIN KHANNA
212 BASIS DBA TEAM OFFSHORE
Office : 204058624