RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Inserts and bad performance

От Godfrin, Philippe E
Тема RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Inserts and bad performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Right you are sir! I figured that out a few hours ago!

pg

From: Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 10:58 PM
To: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Inserts and bad performance

On 11/24/21 1:15 PM, Godfrin, Philippe E wrote:

[snip]

I dropped the unique index , rebuilt the other indexes and no change.

IMNSHO, this is the worst possible approach.  Drop everything except the unique index, and then (if possible) sort the input file by the unique key.   That'll increase buffered IO; otherwise, you're bopping all around the filesystem.

Using a bulk loader if possible would increase speeds