RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Numeric data types

От Godfrin, Philippe E
Тема RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Numeric data types
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Fabulous, thanks much.

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2020 4:56 PM
To: Godfrin, Philippe E <Philippe.Godfrin@nov.com>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Numeric data types

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 05:32:23PM +0000, Godfrin, Philippe E wrote:
> Thanks Bruce, I suppose you mean n32 -> n64 OK, but n64->n32 chance of 32-bit
> overflow…

Uh, I was thinking that your 32-bit values could roll over and the other
end would be confused, but I can also see the 64-bit going above the
32-bit range. As long as everything stays < 32-bits, you should be
fine. We don't transfer binary values very often.

--
Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> https://momjian.us
EnterpriseDB https://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Numeric data types
Сообщение: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Numeric data types