Re: ERROR: could not attach to dynamic shared area

От Albrecht Dreß
Тема Re: ERROR: could not attach to dynamic shared area
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am 24.03.21 17:09 schrieb(en) Laurenz Albe:
> > > ERROR: could not attach to dynamic shared area
> > > LOG: background worker "parallel worker" (PID 51151) exited with exit code 1
> ​
> Is that repeatable?

No, it isn't.  I'm running PGSql 13 since ~4 Months (cluster upgraded from v. 10), and updated to 13.2 ~four weeks ago.
The error occurred exactly /once/.

> If not, it could be a race condition: a parallel query finished rather fast,
> but one of the parallel workers took long to start up, so when it tries to
> attach to the dynamic shared memory segment used to exchange data between the
> parallel processes, it realizes that everybody else has already left and
> destroyed the memory segment.

That makes sense!  The triggering statement I found in the log performs a quite complex join, typically returning very
fewrecords.  And the calling application (using libpq) did *not* receive any error.

> In the latter case, you can ignore the error.

Good to know that!

Thanks a lot for your fast help,
Albrecht.
Вложения