Re: pg_restore -m failing

От ohp@pyrenet.fr
Тема Re: pg_restore -m failing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 11:02:35 -0500
> From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>
> To: ohp@pyrenet.fr
> Cc: pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pg_restore -m failing
>

> ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote:
>> hi all,
>>
>> After Andrew corrected the bug I found on pg_restore (-C -m misbehaving one
>> with the other), I played again yesterday.
>>
>> before the end of restore, I get this :
>>
>> pg_restore: launching item 4202 INDEX idx_typeper_actif
>> pg_restore: [custom archiver] could not close archive file: Argument
>> incorrect
>> pg_restore: *** aborted because of error
>> pg_restore: finished item 4202 INDEX idx_typeper_actif
>> pg_restore: [archiver] worker process failed: exit code 1
>> pg_restore: *** aborted because of error
>>
>> Any idea? this is on unixware
>>

> That seems very strange. Is it repeatable.
it is on unixware 100% of the time, not on linux.
> I wonder what theincorrect
> argument was?
my guess would be the file desc.
>Maybe the memory got clobbered somewhere.

probably, but I could'nt proove it.
> Actually, while thinking about this it occurred to me that we are probably
> wasting a few cycles reopening the archive where we don't need to - it should
> only be necessary where we are restoring a data member, ISTM. I'll look at
> that further.

take your time!
> cheers
>
> andrew

regards
--
Olivier PRENANT                    Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges                +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)

От: Matteo Beccati
Сообщение: Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4689: Expanding the length of a VARCHAR column should not induce a table rewrite
От: Joshua Tolley
Сообщение: Operators based on non-IMMUTABLE functions