Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware

От ohp@pyrenet.fr
Тема Re: cvs head initdb hangs on unixware
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear all,
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 09:17:52 +0200
> From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>
> To: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Cc: ohp@pyrenet.fr, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM>,
>     pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] cvs head initdb hangs on unixware
>
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> ohp@pyrenet.fr writes:
>>> As you can see in attached initdb.log, it seems fsm_search_avail is called
>>> repeatedly and args are sort of looping...
>>
>> That's expected, since the system is inserting a lot of tuples
>> successively.
>
> Right. I suspect it was in the infinite loop yet. Try to run it for *much*
> longer (it'll probably take much longer than usual because it's printing all
> the debug stuff), until it gets stuck looping over the same pages in same
> relation.

the infinite loop occurs in fsm_search_avail when called for the 32nd
time.

It loops between restart: and goto restart

the long (95M) initdb.log can be found at
ftp://ftp.pyrenet.fr/private/initdb.log

regards,

--
Olivier PRENANT                    Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges                +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: new vacuum is slower for small tables
От: Andrew Chernow
Сообщение: Re: user-based query white list