8.0beta1 with unixware

От ohp@pyrenet.fr
Тема 8.0beta1 with unixware
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
HI,

Compiling beta1 on Unixware 714 is OK, regression test are ok (with the
mp1 patch applied)

However make check-install fails if default_with_oids=false in
postgresql.conf (witch is normal regarding regression tests) but they
might be changed in a other version when you guys change this to false by
default.

Also, maakefiles/Makefile.unixware might need ajustement in the way -R is
used:

cc docs state the LD_RUN_PATH value is ignored if you use -R in the
linking phase. So I can't rely on that to add /usr/local/lib to the
harcoded library named.

seting LDFLAGS="-R/usr/local/lib" before configure / make is not an option
either because in case of multiple -R , only the last one is taken into
account.

I could'nt find with variable did old library path names to add it to
the rpath variable

Also, could anyone explain to me how to get localized messages appear?
I've installed bsd-gettext like said in the INSTALL file but couldn't get
fr messages anyway...

Anyway, my first test are very encouraging...

Many tanks for the great work

--
Olivier PRENANT                    Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
6, Chemin d'Harraud Turrou           +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)