Re: 73.5 and uw 713

От ohp@pyrenet.fr
Тема Re: 73.5 and uw 713
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Neil and Tom
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Neil Conway wrote:

> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:44:42 -0500
> From: Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>
> To: ohp@pyrenet.fr
> Cc: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>,
>      pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 73.5 and uw 713
>
> ohp@pyrenet.fr writes:
> > Is there ay way I can help with this debugging?
>
> Can you speculate on what might have caused the crash?

On a second tought, this has been compiled with the new SCO compiler...
The one Larry removed -Kno_host for. Dunno if it's related.
> Is the crash reproducible?

Yes.. On certain databases it'll ALWAYS crash

> When the backend crashed, it should have produced a core file
> (assuming your system is configured to do so). Can you post the
> stacktrace you can get from this core file (preferably after you've
> recompiled PG with debugging symbols) and post it to the list?
That's the problem, I had another crash this night at 2:30 am (I vacuumdb
-a all databases at that time)
I decided to recompile everything with -debug turned on and could'nt
reproduce any more. It remembers me the crash I had with pg_dump last
summer...

If I can manage to get a good stack trace, I'll post it>

--
Olivier PRENANT                    Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
6, Chemin d'Harraud Turrou           +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)

От: Oli Sennhauser
Сообщение: HA features for PostgreSQL in 7.5/8.0
От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: Index pg_toast_8443892_index is not a btree