security flaw

От ohp@pyrenet.fr
Тема security flaw
Дата
Re: security flaw  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I wonder if it's a security problem: One of my customer noticed that he
could see all databases on the system with phppgadmin. not only he sees
databases but tables, views, fonctions... Fortunatly he can't see any row.

This customer has the ability to create databases but not users.
I wonder if the super_user privilege should be separated from the
priviledge of creating databases/users.

I alose think that only a superuser should list databases and objects.

What do you think?

Regards

--
Olivier PRENANT             Tel:    +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
Quartier d'Harraud Turrou           +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)