Interessting problem

От ohp@pyrenet.fr
Тема Interessting problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi every one.

One of my customer has made a big mistake on one of his databases and that
made me think (a little bit)

The mistake was really simple: he wrote a plpgsql function that looped
indefinitly.

I have restarted the database and every think went back normal but I
wonder how a joe user could stop his own backend. (this wasn't triggered
by psql but on the web by php).

The fact that the postgres user owns all the backend makes it impossible
for ordinary users to kill their backend or have I missed something?

Is there a solution?

--
Olivier PRENANT             Tel:    +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
Quartier d'Harraud Turrou           +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)

Сообщение: Re: Feature suggestions (long)
Сообщение: Re: Feature suggestions (long)