Re: Re: problems with startup script on upgrade

От Alexander Klimov
Тема Re: Re: problems with startup script on upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Alexander Klimov writes:
> > There are many way to solve the problem:
> >  the easy -- copy (or link) libz.so to /usr/lib
> >  the clean -- avoid using LD_LIBRARY_PATH, use -R for linking instead
>
> Our makefiles are set up to use '-R' for linking.  Does this not work as
> designed?

It depends on what it was designed for :-) My guess is that currently
there is only something like `-R/usr/local/pgsql' in linking, but not for
locations of other libraries: libz, libssl, libcrypto, etc.

I guess that Martin's case of running postgress as `secure application' is
something unusual, but there is more usual case: if you run apache as root
(to be able to bind it to port 80) and then use from perl libpq (compiled
with ssl) you will definitely have a trouble -- ssl will not be found.

Regards,
ASK