Re: [GENERAL] arrays

От Mike Sosteric
Тема Re: [GENERAL] arrays
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Josh Berkus wrote:

I have a very good sense of the strengths of relational databases. But
they are also limited when it comes to object orientaed data (like XML
records). I though arrays would be a way to simply the complexity you get
when you try and map objects to relations.

so a couple more questions then

Is Cache open source?
are the XML databases that are evolved and sophisticated enough to use in
production environments.

> of thought behind it -- it can solve a lot of problems.
>
> 2) Shift over to an XML database or a full-blown OODB (like Cache').
>
> Good luck.
>
> -Josh Berkus

Mike Sosteric <mikes@athabascau.ca>       Managing Editor, EJS <http://www.sociology.org/>
Department of Global and Social Analysis  Executive Director, ICAAP <http://www.icaap.org/>
Athabasca University                      Cell: 1 780 909 1418
Simon Fraser University                   Adjunct Professor                   Masters of Publishing Program
--
This troubled planet is a place of the most violent contrasts.
Those that receive the rewards are totally separated from those who

___   This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it   is addressed, and may contain
confidential,personal, and or privileged   information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended
recipientof this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take   action relying on it. Any communications
receivedin error, or   subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

---

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: