Re: [SQL] importing a pre sql db

От Maarten Boekhold
Тема Re: [SQL] importing a pre sql db
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998 SierraAdm@aol.com wrote:

>   I have, as user postgres, created the database wc_fields via createdb.
>   Now I wish to create some tables.
>   The man pages - man copy - tell me how to copy values.
>   How do I set up my table definitions from an external file?
>   I would like to convert my existing table definition which is in the form
>   database wc_fields
>   file wc_members
>   field wc_last_name  type character length 20
>   ...  more such fields ...
>   I can convert that to
>     create table wc_members  (
>       wc_last_name  char(20),
>       ...  more such ...  )
>   How do I get it in as the table definition?

You can put the definition in a file, and then use the psql '\i filename'
command to let psql read commands from that file. Or you could do:

    cat filename | psql wc_fields

If you need passwords, use 'psql -u' and set the env variables PGUSER and
PGPASSWORD first.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: