Re: [ADMIN] security on line by line basis

От Maarten Boekhold
Тема Re: [ADMIN] security on line by line basis
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 19 Jul 1998, Lorenzo Huerta wrote:

> hmm is there another way of doing it as that sounds a little costly,
> as so far database is at 2MB of data and
> increases daily

Dunno, as far as I know unions are pretyy efficient. An the other hand,
you could ofcourse do the following:

Add a column to the table which describes additional priviledges.
Write a trigger that uses that column and the current user-name to
determine whether a row should be returned.

Ah, just remembered, that won't work, cos you cannot define a trigger on
a select. Damned....

I don't know why Vadim didn't implement it, maybe it's just too dificult
to do, but I think there are certainly uses for such a trigger. Something
for 6.4???

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |