Re: PostgreSQL 6.4.2: float8::text (fwd)

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 6.4.2: float8::text (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello!
  A friend of me got errors with float8, so I forward his questions here.  AFAIK last error (float8-to-date) had been
fixedin CURRENT, but what

about other errors?

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 12:34:05 +0300 (MSK)
From: Artem Chuprina <ran@pirit.com>
To: phd@sun.med.ru
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 6.4.2: float8::text

ran=> create table test (f float4, ff float8);
CREATE
ran=> insert into test values (0,0);
INSERT 149524 1
ran=> select f||'$' from test;
ERROR:  There is more than one possible operator '||' for types 'float4' and 'unknown'       You will have to retype
thisquery using an explicit cast

ran=> select ff||'$' from test;
ERROR:  There is more than one possible operator '||' for types 'float8' and 'unknown'       You will have to retype
thisquery using an explicit cast

ran=> select f::text from test;
ERROR:  Function 'text(float4)' does not exist       There is more than one function that satisfies the given argument
types      You will have to retype your query using explicit typecasts

ran=> select ff::text from test;
text
Sat Jan 01 03:00:00 2000 MSK
(1 row)