Re: [HACKERS] Not enough memory for complex join

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Not enough memory for complex join
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello!

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > > vacuum...
> >
> >    I didn't think it could be of any help.  I have a copy of this database
> > on my local computer. I dump db on server and put it on local computer
> > every other day, so I thiink VACUUM is unneccessary here.
>
> Try 'vacuum analyze'...vacuum, rom my understanding, just cleans out the
> database of old records...reloading the db from scratch effectively has
> that already done.  'vacuum analyze' adjusts statistics that don't get
> changed on a load, that determins, to a large extet, how the optimizaer
> runs things...
  Ha, then I stuck on another bug. VACUUM ANALYZE failed on glibc2 with
--enable-locale. I reported this in "VACUUM ANALYZE problem" thread. Look
into mail archive for February :(((

> Marc G. Fournier
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.

От: Horak Daniel
Сообщение: dynamic loading on NT works!
От: jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Developers globe