Re: your mail

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: your mail
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: your mail  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Angelos Karageorgiou wrote:
> >    For me it seems like a compiler (or compiler option) problem - signed
> > vs. unsigned chars.
>
> Yes you are right , the problem is BSD/OS specific , and indeed it has to
> do with unsigned chars vs signed chars. I just did not know if others had
> the problem too and since and a cast to (unsigned char) has no effect to
> an 8bit char I decided to post the patch.
>
> Even test-ctype gives out different results when cp is cast as unsigned
> chat and not a plain char. would you like the output from test-ctype for
> unsigned chars ?
  I am not sure. This should be discussed among other developers. What we
should use: signed or unsigned chars, anyone has an idea?

> BTW i appreciate the work on postgres it is an awesome package
  Welcome!

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] TIME QUALIFICATION
От: Roberto Joao Lopes Garcia
Сообщение: date_part() BUG?