Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 09:59:42PM +0300, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
> >    Well, it looked like an error in glibc2, and I continued. I wrote the
> > program:
> >
> >    I expected to have results:
> > -----
> > MSK
> > MSK
> > MSD
> > 1
> > -10800
>
> And what did you get? I get this on Debian 2.1:
>
> югЪЪ
> MEZ
> CEST
> 1
> 18000
  Definetely wrong! The first 2 lines must be identical - they are
expexted to be your timezone (MSK, in my case).  I got different results on different glibc2-based linux systems, but
all
was wrong. On Debian 2.0, e.g.:
-----
MSK
EET
EST
-9200
-----
  MSK is Ok here (it is output from strftime()), but other lines (global
variables) are wrong.  Thomas Lockhart gave an idea that global variables cannot be used at all
in thread-safe library, so the problem is - how to detect glibc2 at
configure stage, and how to patch date/time arithmetic in postgres. I am
working on it...

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann  National Research Surgery Centre  http://sun.med.ru/~phd/          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.

От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux
От: Oleg Broytmann
Сообщение: Locale fix