Re: [HACKERS] Doc's about setting the amount of shared memory

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Doc's about setting the amount of shared memory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Where could I find the information about setting the amount
> of shared memory on various operating systems ?
>
> My interest is in Linux and Solaris.
  Instruction for Solaris.
  1. Read man -s 4 system
  2. Note - /etc/system is kernel config file that have been read once on
every boot.
  3. Log in as root
  4. MAKE BACKUP of your /etc/system
  5. Edit /etc/system. Add or modify:
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=500
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=2147483648
  6. Save the file
  7. Reboot.
  8 In case of boot failure, use backup file (more info in man -s 4 system).

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann  National Research Surgery Centre  http://sun.med.ru/~phd/          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.