Re: SELECT speed with LIKE

От brew@theMode.com
Тема Re: SELECT speed with LIKE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I've got a real problem with the speed of a select. Some folk might

> "SELECT * FROM data WHERE stname LIKE 'MAIN%'"

I once had a speed problem on mSQL and found if I only selected the
columns I needed, rather than use a wildcard to get them all, it ran much
faster.  Of course, this is a different database program and maybe you
need the data from every column in your application, but it's something to
try.....

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)
     Check out my Musician's Online Database Exchange (The MODE Pages)
                        http://www.TheMode.com