Postgres's Objects

От Correa Vargas
Тема Postgres's Objects
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

I'have been reading in Postgres documentation and I understand two things:

1. I can create a class using the SQL command CREATE TABLE, and then I can
define attributes.

2. I can create types: I can define a new type (for example, person) and
create it using the SQL command CREATE TYPE...I'll nedd two functions, and
other things, and I can define attributes.

This is the way to implement objects...but, what about OIDs (object
identifiers) ?!, What about encapsulation?!... Can I create an object with
attributes and methods?!

I have not really understand how can I do that...Or if I can't.

Please, I need a reply of this mail...I'm using Postgres to make my final
work and it's so important.
If somebody knows, please reply to me.

I'll be waiting for a response.

Thank you in advance,