Re: BUG #2674: libedit not detected

От Bob Friesenhahn
Тема Re: BUG #2674: libedit not detected
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

> Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us> writes:
>> Actually, it does.  The current version of libedit
>> (http://www.thrysoee.dk/editline/) does not provide a history.h
>> header.
>
> Well, that was a pretty silly decision on their part ... are they just
> trying to tick off people who are supporting both readline and libedit?

Probably so.

>> The reason why I used this approach is that Apple's OS X
>> provides a version of libedit which does not include the readline
>> emulation
>
> Really?  Apple's version works just fine for me.

I am using the "Panther" version of OS X and there there is only a
/usr/include/histedit.h there are no readline-related headers supplied
with the OS and the emulation function does not exist in
/usr/lib/libedit.dylib:

% nm /usr/lib/libedit.dylib |grep ' T '
88e94d04 T _el_beep
88e943dc T _el_deletestr