Access 2000 and empty fields

От Phil Davey
Тема Access 2000 and empty fields
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I'm having problems using Access 2000 and Postgresql.
I am linking tables using the ODBC driver.

In Access's table view, you can update fields of rows which contain no
empty fields fine.

However, if any of the rows fields are empty, it won't let you change it
at all.
message box title: "Write Conflict"
started editing it.  If you save the record, you will overwrite
the changes the other user made."
buttons: "Copy to Clipboard" and "Drop Changes".

I've been told, although I haven't tried it myself, that Access 97 works
ok.

Is this a problem with Access 2000, the ODBC driver or Postgresql itself,
and is there any way of fixing/working around this problem?

--
Phil Davey
http://www.pod-designs.net/philandjo.html