Re: [GENERAL] large object minimum storage

От Dustin Sallings
Тема Re: [GENERAL] large object minimum storage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Kenneth Been wrote:

# I've pretty much decided to use arrays instead of blobs, and put the
# "overflow" in a separate table for the few objects that exceed the
# limit, but if anyone has any better ideas, I'd love to hear them.

    The most common way I've seen (and done) is to put the stuff in a
table with an id, a sequence number, and the data you want to store.  I
store image data by base64 encoding it and storing the pieces in little
individual rows of about 76 characters each.  It works out pretty well
that way.

--
SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>