Re: [GENERAL] DISPLAYING BLOBS/images/text

От Dustin Sallings
Тема Re: [GENERAL] DISPLAYING BLOBS/images/text
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Martin Wong wrote:

# it seems to work fine but it is an extra overhead when it creates a tmp
# file. How can this be cached? Or can it be directed directly to the web
# page instead of having to go through another step of createing a temp
# file.

    Your application should cache that, that has nothing to do with
the database server.  If you use lo_export, it will write to a file, since
that's what lo_export does, but there are more direct ways of dealing with
BLOBs.  See the man page on large_objects(3).

--
SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>