Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies

От Charles Sprickman
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Josh Berkus wrote:

> "What OS Are You Using", of course, needs to have Linux, Solaris, BSD, OSX
> and Windows.  At some point, this tool will also need to generate for the
> user any shmem settings that they need to make on the OS.

I also noticed that on FreeBSD (6.2) at least the stock config simply
won't run without building a new kernel that bumps up all the SHM stuff or
dropping down resource usage in the postgres config...

Overall, I like the idea.  I've been slowly working on weaning myself off
of mysql and I think removing any roadblocks that new users might stumble
upon seems like an excellent way to get more exposure.

Charles

> --
> --Josh
>
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL @ Sun
> San Francisco

>                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Сообщение: Re: Maintenance question / DB size anomaly...
Сообщение: Re: Maintenance question / DB size anomaly...