От: Charles Sprickman
Тема: Re: SAN/NAS options
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

SAN/NAS options  (Charles Sprickman, )
 Re: SAN/NAS options  (Charles Sprickman, )
  Re: SAN/NAS options  (Alex Stapleton, )
  Re: SAN/NAS options  ("Luke Lonergan", )

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006, Luke Lonergan wrote:

> Charles,
>
> On 1/14/06 6:37 PM, "Charles Sprickman" <> wrote:
>
>> I'm vaguely considering pairing these two devices:
>>
>> http://www.areca.us/products/html/products.htm
>>
>> That's an Areca 16 channel SATA II (I haven't even read up on what's new
>> in SATA II) RAID controller with an optional U320 SCSI daughter card to
>> connect to the host(s).
>
> I'm confused - SATA with a SCSI daughter card? Where does the SCSI go?

Bad ASCII diagram follows (D=disk, C=controller H=host):

    SATA   ____

(etc. up
to 16
drives)

The drives and the controller go in the Chenbro case.  U320 SCSI from the
RAID controller in the Chenbro case to the 1U server.